[aklug] Starting a service

From: Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us>
Date: Sun Jan 01 2012 - 13:27:51 AKST

I'm trying to start Starman for my RT install on Ubuntu 10.04. I found
some info on Upstart. It looked easy enough. Wrong!

We put on man on the moon decades ago, yet man kind still has trouble
writing good documentation. All the websites say the same thing. Place
a config file in /etc/init/ that starts the service. Okay, did that.
Then they say to type "initctl start service_name".

All I get is "Unknown job"... I even did some symlinking in
/etc/init.d that didn't do anything.

Does anyone know how to add a job to Upstart?

I followed the instructions at http://upstart.ubuntu.com