[aklug] Ubuntu & Apache Reverse Proxy

From: Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us>
Date: Wed Dec 28 2011 - 16:25:21 AKST

Score! We have a winner!

It was some stupid non standard hidden settings that were killing my
reverse proxy. The proxy_http and proxy modules were turned on. The
correct configuration was listed in the v host.

/etc/apache2/modes-enabled/proxy.conf was set to turn off the proxy.
Thank you Ubuntu developers. I know this is a security setting but
why? How was I suppose to know that was in there?

I'm calling this hidden setting a non standard one because none of the
websites or suggestions I got every mentioned any of this. Anyway,
here's what worked for me...

ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
<Proxy http://localhost:8080/*>