[aklug] Re: Gimp 2.7 (rocks)

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Fri Dec 23 2011 - 10:47:08 AKST

On 12/23/2011 08:34 AM, Jeremy Austin wrote:
> Glad to hear gimp is improving. But I couldn't think of switching away
> from That Other Program without adjustment layers (with masks).
>
> It's on the gimp roadmap, along with nondestructive editing in general
> (why I use adj layers) for version 3.2.
>
> Given the frequency of gimp releases in the past, I observe that I can
> look forward to this in 2015 or later.
>
> jermudgeon

Heh heh, guess I should have picked a less sophisticated crowd before
daring to praise Gimp for anything. Admittedly my usage is a bit narrow,
because I need it primarily for RGB pixel art and texturing.

It seems as though a lot of good code came out of the various GSoC 2011
projects. Hopefully continued GSoC involvement and a growing FOSS user
base will speed development up.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us