[aklug] Gimp 2.7 (rocks)

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Fri Dec 23 2011 - 02:08:20 AKST

Has anybody else tried out Gimp 2.7 yet? (development version) In the
past I wasn't much interested in Gimp because it had a lot of
deficiencies as a painting program, but now that I've tried 2.7 it seems
pretty cool. The biggest thing that sticks out at me is that they
finally implemented single-window mode (a make or break issue for me)
and they did a pretty good job at it. Also the brush dynamics and
overall configure-ability seems a lot better than I remember. Anyway
here are the list of improvements so far in 2.7:
http://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.7.html

It was pretty easy to build and install under Gentoo, though for some
mysterious reason it depends on a newer version of udev, which in turn
depends on the 3.* kernel. But this was not a problem for me since I've
been using 3.* for a few weeks (months?) now.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us