[aklug] Re: [aklug] Re: [aklug] How You Know When It’s Time to Switch to Linux

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Tue Oct 25 2011 - 22:34:23 AKDT

On 10/25/2011 08:09 PM, Jeremy Austin wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Jim Gribbin<jimgribbin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Don't know how I missed this (nearly a year ago), but I don't remember
>> anyone else posting this ...
>>

>> http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/214929/how_you_know_when_its_time_to_switch_to_linux.html
>

> <flamebait> Where's the equivalent article for Mac users?</bait>
>
> jermudgeon

How You Know When It's Time to Switch To Linux

1. You're tired of porting all the Linux programs you really want over
to your Mac.

2. You're tired of seeing a smiley face instead of an error message
every time your Mac crashes.

3. You're tired of supporting an operating system vendor that uses all
your BSD code but never gives anything back.

4. You're tired of supporting an operating system vendor who won't
support royalty free (WebM) or patent free (Vorbis) web video.

5. You're tired of buying "approved" hardware at a higher price.

6. You're tired of having a Windows PC so that you can play all the
commercial games you can't play on your Mac.

7. You realized that the Macintosh operating system isn't the only
operating system that can do multimedia editing and graphics design.

8. You realized that you could exactly duplicate the MacOSX desktop
design and themes on about six different Linux desktop environments.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us