[aklug] Re: SSL Security

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Oct 23 2011 - 22:04:51 AKDT

On Sat, 2011-10-22 at 14:36 -0800, Christopher Howard wrote:
> I was curious if any of you had seen this video and what your thoughts
> were on the subject:
>
> http://youtu.be/HnBePucKIjc

I found that kinda spooky myself.

There is an old "school of thought" when it comes to securing anything.
That NOTHING is 100% secure. All you can do is make it more expensive to
violate the security than the potential gains.

I suspect that, sooner or later, someone is going to come up with an
inexpensive way to take advantage of this. We will then proceed to
closing the barn door.

Jim G