[aklug] Re: Fetchmail :: suppressing 'local issuer certificate' complaints

From: R Denison <gaijin@gci.net>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 12:26:09 AKDT

On 10/19/2011 07:25 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I'm a little irritated that the hostmonsters
> techs have not yet contacted me after requesting to look at my
> .fetchmailrc
> I've considered just adding the certs as you indicate below...
> and I could even use a script to 'weed' the cert compaints and
> backup the logs regularly if I so wished, but is a rigged solution.

Really sounds like your beef is with your OS vendor - openssl doesn't
supply a default CA bundle, and Apple (as noted previously) has moved
from openssl to their own crypto libraries, which appear to use a
different CA cert storage mechanism than what openssl uses. Try filing
a bug report with them (http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html) and
maybe hit their forums.

R.