[aklug] Re: VPS

From: adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Mon Oct 03 2011 - 14:28:35 AKDT

Choward, any chance you have a legitimate email somewhere else you could
relay through, authenticated-style?

You'd accept mail on your dynamic IP, but any outgoing mail sent via
your server would be relayed through a third party, via your username
and password. It's pretty easy to set up in Postfix, anyway, even with
TLS to boot.

On 10/03/2011 02:23 PM, Josh wrote:
> They also have an abduction (?) plan for ~$19 a year. Its got 192mb of ram,
> 20gb hard drive space, and 190gb of network transfers per month. really not
> the best service (it goes down once a day or so, sometimes loses net
> connectivity). Its pretty sweet for the price though.
> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ is pretty much the most active forum for
> hosting, they've got sections for vps' as well.
>
> Josh Kitchens
>

> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Christopher Howard <
> christopher.howard@frigidcode.com> wrote:
>
>> The subject of VPS being brought up: what companies do you all prefer? I
>> have been meaning to get a real cheap plan somewhere just so I could
>> play around with it and see what it is like. The only one I have looked
>> at so far is AlienVPS which has a $5/month plan for a single core, which
>> seems pretty reasonable.
>>
>> --
>> frigidcode.com
>> theologia.indicium.us