[aklug] Mac - Download xcode nightmare

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Sun Oct 02 2011 - 11:26:17 AKDT

* Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com> [110929 08:58]:
> Tim,
>
> There are at least three oss compilation/bin package management systems:
> macports, fink, and http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/
>
> You'll also want Apple's dev tools (Xcode) which you can download for free
> from the app store. That will provide most of the dev tools you need.
  Okay, got the mac mini up and running. I understood that to
  download Xcode, I have to sign up as a developer. I did so, when I
  got to the apple download site I find myself in the
  itunes.apple.com/us/ap/xcode path, I choose "view in app store",
  then click on "free", then am prompted to enter my apple ID and
  pwd, do so, then I'm getting a prompt to review my account info.
  And sent in one friggin' circle after another. Sheesh! Is there a
  way to do this?

  I understand that to use the package management tools, I need
  xcode first.

  thanks

--
Tim