[aklug] Re: Mac + linux

From: Tom Simes <simestd@netexpress.com>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 09:54:57 AKDT

On 09/29/11 09:48, Tim Johnson wrote:
> * David M. Syzdek<david@syzdek.net> [110929 08:58]:
>> Hi Tim,
>> I have two dual booting Macbook Pros. I find that I rarely boot into Linux
>> since nearly all of the utilities/daemons I need are available from MacPorts
>> (http://www.macports.org/). The remaining utilities I am able to compile
>> myself.

+1

With OS X and Macports I have no need to hassle with dual booting.

I've got a Mac mini, a hackintoshed Dell Mini 9 and a beige box (black
really) hackintosh at home. I'm in FreeBSD all day at $job, and OS X
under the hood is so familiar, the *nix tools are so easily available
and it's so generally stable that I don't feel the need to dual boot.

--
Tom