[aklug] Re: recommendation for Android phone

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Thu Sep 08 2011 - 08:00:36 AKDT

I've had a Nexus 1 for the last two years, running CyanogenMod on it.
It's bulletproof, fast, and practically everything you could want in a phon=
e.

Even today, it still ranks at the top of the mid-tier phones.

However, I just upgraded to the Galaxy S2, because I wanted me some 4G.
(I bypassed 3G from EDGE, because you should always wait a generation)

This thing is fast. It's got TONS of space on it, and of course, the dual
cameras make it nice for video calls between me and the wife when one of us
is out of town for work.

Plus, it was only 99$, and that's pretty much a steal.

And yes, CyanogenMod is available for it, but only the nightly builds.
Fortunately, it's stable enough for every day use, because hey! it's androi=
d.