[aklug] How would you write it in...

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Mon Aug 01 2011 - 20:52:25 AKDT

As a vain effort to fill the void left by my vacuous social-life, I want
to start an AKLUG series called "How would you write it in..." Basic
idea is this: I pick a function, usually a simple one, and every one on
the list shows how they would code that function in his or her favorite
programming or scripting language. Obviously, that precludes using a
built-in or standard function that does the same thing. Bonus points if
you can explain why you preferred to code it that way. (Simplicity,
performance, et cetera). Triple bonus points if you can explain how your
code works in at least semi-plain English.

However, I am wondering if that is actually something other list members
would enjoy, or if I have simply been alone with my code interpreter for
too long and have lost all touch with reality. (Or both.) Bounce a reply
back to the list if you know you would participate.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us