[aklug] Something for the list

From: Scott <Scott@ravenmoonart.com>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2011 - 10:49:20 AKDT

Several people asked me to let them know if I ran across any A/P jobs.
This one was just posted:

http://notes3.state.ak.us/wa/postapps.nsf/1035bb3f29758c658925644300722fb3/663f433b6a2d90e3892578d1007d6c11?OpenDocument

I know that they use Coldfusion heavily, but are open to people using
*nix as long as they can self support. I used Ubuntu as my host system
the entire time I was there.

They do a lot of training for people in ARCgis, so I think that not
being solid in that are should be OK. As a tech I got to sit a class on
"intro to ARC" just for fun.

This job is going to a part of a team that supports the state
Mining/Land/Water web site and the rest of the division. The unit is
rolling to Win7, but the tech support guys for DNR ROCK and do a massive
amount.

If you think you might be interested then I would recommend applying. If
you know some fresh out of school type then this would be a good place
for them to start.

Scott