[aklug] Anchorage IT consulting firm needs a Linux system administrator

From: Elizabeth Howe <ehowe@design-pt.com>
Date: Thu Jul 14 2011 - 13:28:14 AKDT

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for my first post being a 'we're hiring' message.
AKLUG subscriber Joshua Kugler suggested this list as a possible source
of Linux-knowledgeable folks statewide, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm the vice president of a small (~22 employees) IT consulting firm,
Design-PT, in Anchorage and am responsible for hiring. We've just
recently started recruitment efforts for a fairly senior level Linux
system administrator to join our team. A little background about
Design-PT, Inc - we're an Alaska-based IT consulting firm that focuses
on the non-profit sector. In short, we apply technology to build
happier, healthier communities. We've been a part of the Anchorage IT
industry for nearly ten years and are a little different from the rest
of the pack in that we don't have partner or vendor relationships.
Instead, we offer independent, unbiased advice to our clients regarding
the hardware and software solutions that will work the best for their
situation, and we have our own in-house team of software developers, so
we can offer full service IT support to our clients. We offer some
great benefits - generous paid time off, a 401K with pre-tax and Roth
investment opportunities as well as great matching, medical, dental and
vision insurance, and a unique sabbatical allowance.

The ideal system administrator for our team will have proven cross
platform systems design, implementation and administration experience.
An emphasis on strong Linux system administration skills is critical,
however we do require fluency in the Windows world - Active Directory,
Exchange, and Windows Server are encountered regularly. Other key
skills include a strong grasp of network protocols and experience with
VOIP system design and implementation. Solid scripting experience is
highly desired. Ideal candidates will have strong experience designing
and deploying network solutions. Prior consulting or ISP experience is
a plus. In addition to serving as our top systems technical advisor,
you can expect to lead deployment efforts at our client sites, mentor
junior members of our team, and to be the final escalation point for all
systems-related troubleshooting.

Please feel free to forward this on. If you'd like more information or
want to submit a resume to get the ball rolling, just email me or call
me at (907) 222-6133 ext. 612. Thanks in advance for your help!

Elizabeth Howe, PHR

Vice President, HR & Flex Services

Design-PT, Inc.

(907) 222-6133 phone x612