[aklug] Re: off-topic: android ACS tech-savvy tech support?

From: William Attwood <wattwood@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 06 2011 - 01:57:05 AKDT

Many applications on sprint smart phones could not be removed without
root. However, some cell phone companies such as HTC are no longer
blocking access to the boot loader, allowing people to hack away.
Sprint can query your phone for an app. if it's not responsive, they may
draw the conclusion you are rooted.

I root mine, anyway.