[aklug] Re: off-topic: android ACS tech-savvy tech support?

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2011 - 17:46:07 AKDT

I'd be interested in knowing how they can detect rooted phones if the mobile network is
simply an ethernet interface on the phone. Which it is. You can't even detect tethering
at that point without scanning the traffic to find requests that are obviously not being
delivered to a mobile web client - which is utterly inconclusive.

- Shane