[aklug] Isn't it funny... writing modules

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Sun Jun 19 2011 - 21:18:56 AKDT

Isn't it funny... when you code an extension to a module, only to go
back back to the documentation and find out the extension has already
been written? :D I'm working with Haskell's HDBC.MySQL module, and I
wrote all these functions to check if the SqlVals are the value expected
and return contingency-safe Either values. So then I'm thinking, "this
is useful... maybe I should make it into a class or something." But I'm
not sure how to do it, so I go back to the original module source for
clues, and guess what I find... class instances with type signatures
that match my functions almost exactly.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us