[aklug] Re: Anyone interested in a job importing 24k printed emails in Juneau/Anchorage into a database?

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2011 - 15:38:03 AKDT

On 06/08/2011 02:55 PM, Jason McEachen wrote:
> This Friday at 9am the State of Alaska is going to have a couple boxes
> of printed emails in Juneau for me to have, and a hand truck to help
> carry them. We could also pick them up at the Anchorage Airport at 3pm.

Wouldn't happen to be emails of a certain former governer would it? ;-)
It's actually being done as we speak. Over at the convention center
they have a bunch of scanners set up and are scanning them to be made
available to the public.

Per an article in the Juneau Empire, "Three news organizations, Mother
Jones magazine, msnbc.com and ProPublica are obtaining copies of the
emails and will be converting them into a searchable online archive,
said reporter Bill Dedman of msnbc.com."

...Kevin

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska