[aklug] Re: Natty Issues

From: Bruce Hill <bruce@slackwarebox.com>
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 16:14:37 AKDT

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 03:52:14PM -0800, Tim Johnson wrote:
> Window$ doesn't have apt. Having used, among others slackware and
> ubuntu, I love slackware for its stability and accessibility,
> ubuntu is less stable and more of a black box, but I spend less
> time tweaking ubuntu than I do slack. And whereas I get paid for
> writing code (some of the time) I don't get paid for tweaking my
> OS.
> Tim

And Windows is more stable/reliable than ubuntu, also.

My meaning, that you missed, is that ubuntu wants to be like Windows, but
is a poor imitation, and gives Linux (distros) a bad name.

--
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the