[aklug] Re: Speaking of web development - Re: Haskell Poll

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Mon Apr 25 2011 - 16:57:20 AKDT

* Jason McEachen <jason@brightshinyobject.com> [110425 16:15]:
> When I lived in Raleigh there were groups for php, mysql, drupal, and
> owasp that met monthly, but this is the only quality nerd-group I've
> been able to find since my move up. Are there any developer groups in
> Anchorage?
>
> It'd be nice to have people I could bounce ideas off of who are in my
> timezone,
 Hold that thought - you may be contacted by someone....
> --Jason
>
> btw - I use php because someone offered me a buncha money to use it, my
> background was in c/c++ so it was easy to learn, and the huge install
> base appealed to my whorish nature
 <grin> I think PHP sucks, but but all those resources, frameworks and
 CMS modules built from PHP ... they don't suck so much.
 I think C and C++ suck too, but they helped put kids of mine thru
 college. Hey even cobol and dbase helped put kids of mine thru
 college.
 </grin>

 You'll love the cool weather here. I just got back from Texas.
 Whew!
 tj

--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com