[aklug] Re: Tron Legacy

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Tue Apr 19 2011 - 18:42:32 AKDT

On Tuesday 19 April 2011, Christopher Howard elucidated thus:
> Anyway, I don't think it is anything we should get /over-excited/
> about, but it would be nice to see more of these types of ideas and
> images permeate the mass-media. In Fairbanks at least, it seems like
> (outside of UAF) most people don't even know that there is such a
> thing as "open source", let alone that we have our own operating
> systems.

s/Fairbanks/Alaska, for the most part, except the LUGs, and maybe NUGA.
Looked at the Craigslist job board recently? For better or worse,
Government drives software in this state, and the Alaska government is
very heavily invested in Microsoft.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK