[aklug] Re: SANS info - Wordpress Breach

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Sun Apr 17 2011 - 14:51:42 AKDT

On 04/17/2011 09:37 AM, barsalou wrote:

>> List-wide poll:
>>
>> The attacker was...
>> 1. Barsalou
>> 2. Disgruntled M. Type programmers
>> 3. Skynet
>> 4. Paris Hilton
>>

> Please post the results of this poll after one week.
>
> Personally I'm voting number 4, but I'm not sure what an 'M. Type
> programmer' is? Maybe you are referring to this:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd129570%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
>
> :)

Moveable Type: it is another open source blogging platform. MT is
programmed in Perl, while WordPress is PHP. I believe they are roughly
the functional equivalent, though WordPress seems to be more popular.

As for SKYNET, probably most of you got the reference, but just in case:

http://www.goingfaster.com/term2029/skynet.html. (Makes for entertaining
reading, though I don't believe "sentient" AI is actually possible.)

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us