[aklug] Re: systemd - was Re: multiple distros coordinate to establish /run directory

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 06 2011 - 23:51:52 AKDT

I went back and re-read that article on LWN. I think I got confused on
how "cgroups" figured into the mix.

The first time I read it, I got the impression that sockets could be
re-used/re-purposed and that you might not necessarily know what data
was currently available on a particular socket.

I think I'll need to re-read it a couple of more times (and that stuff
about window managers vs desktops).

Every time I think I have a handle on it, the lines re-blur.

Thanks,
Jim g