[aklug] Re: Tiny form factors

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2011 - 13:02:33 AKDT

You hit a soft spot with me-been budgeting for a file server project similar
to here <http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/tuxserver/>. Only I'll use Debian
or Ubuntu instead of Fedora listed in that project. Also check out that
Mini-Cluster project-just insane!
The mini-itx board I'm looking at uses the Atom processor-anything more will
only disappoint (especially when it comes to the electric bill.) My fiance'
and her son are starting to collect an awesome amount of video from their
sports and a USB external hard drive is becoming less practical compared to
a NFS. :)

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Christopher Howard <
christopher.howard@frigidcode.com> wrote:

> I'm on a kick right now to replace all my PCs and servers with smaller,
> custom-built versions. Any of you guys played around w. any of the real tiny
> motherboard form factors? Smallest i've done so far is micro-atx but wanted
> to build something with nano-itx or pico-itx or something like that. Just
> looking for interesting stories. Also curious what is the smallest board one
> can get that supports at least two display outputs (simultaneously, either
> on-board or through slots.)
> frigidcode.com
> Sent from my HTC

ΨΦ! μ~πζ≈∞Ωא
"Listen to me! When you die in Alaska you die in real life!"
"Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet."
African Proverb
"When in charge, ponder. When in doubt, mumble. When in trouble, delegate."
I make chaos