[aklug] Unicode / UTF-8

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Sat Mar 19 2011 - 16:12:15 AKDT

Wanted to point out this great read:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html

Really does a good job of building concept on concept, starting with
what unicode is and getting to issues like how it is implemented on
POSIX systems and what programmers need to know.

I've been forced to learn a lot about unicode / UTF-8 lately (from a
botched MySQL migration). I'm glad I did though, because I learned a lot
of cool stuff. Maybe its just my amateurish perspective, but it seems to
me that UTF-8 was a very ingenious way to make the ASCII to Unicode
transition possible for ASCII-based systems.

Νους και Λογος

--
www.frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us