[aklug] Re: Any Interest in a Fibre Tape Library?

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Tue Mar 01 2011 - 14:38:55 AKST

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Mike Tibor wrote:

> Ahh, but how many drives do you have? With this baby you'd have a full 12
> drives with which to shuffle your data around. You'd be the envy of
> Government Hill. As you walk the halls of the bunker, you'd notice the
> frantic whispers of your co-workers: "Oh wow--that was Arthur! Did you
> hear? He's the guy that has that powerful beast of a tape library, with
> twelve drives! TWELVE!!" Yes, you would acquire a cool factor never
> previously attainable.

<G> At what point did this turn from selling old hardware to "let's mock
Arthur"? You'd think I'd see this coming by now. <sheesh>

> It's read/write compatible with -3, read only with -2, and it won't work with
> LTO-1 tapes at all.

Thanks for the info.

> Did I mention I'd even through in a bunch of LTO-1 tapes for free?

You know, you could always take it home and put it in your garage. Then all
of your neighbors would whisper as you pull out of the garage... :-)

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die