[aklug] [Way OT] Need some guinea pigs :>

From: Kurt Brendgard <brendgard@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 21:46:42 AKST

I've been slowly working on a new website for a while and have reached the point where I could sure use some guinea pigs, uh, I mean live test subjects, to register and give me some real data to work with.

One of the things it will offer is a resume hosting section where you can give somebody a link to your resume. We also want to make them searchable, but I could sure use some real data in it to help test the search function as I code it in.

A job listing section is also intended but not even started yet. Will probably want volunteers for that soon as well lol.

It also has a business listing section as well for people with businesses they want to promote. This is also something where I would like some real data to work with. So if you have a business of any sort, programming, dog walking, auto repair shop, whatever that isn't adult, racist, etc, and you feel like volunteering, please feel free to reg an account and list it. You can list as many businesses as you own BTW, all listed separately, but linked to your profile.

It also offers a blog for members in their profile, with all postings going into a public page where they are all combined, as well as being readable through your profile. I could sure use some people interested in doing some blogging as well. I have some of the code in place for he blogs, but who knows how much is left to do.

Same for the forum, some done, but can sure use some polishing, but I could use some people interested in it to give me data to work with, and feedback lol. The forum might have to take a back seat depending on interest.

If you feel like helping out by registering an account and submitting any of these, please contact me off list. I don't want to tie up the list with this off topic, and I don't want to put the link out here as this newsletter goes into the public archive and the URL is going to change when the site goes live.

I hope to take it live in a coule weeks or so. You'll have to close your eyes to how ugly the template still is though lol.

Thanks ahead of time!