[aklug] Any Interest in a Fibre Tape Library?

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@tibor.org>
Date: Fri Feb 04 2011 - 14:52:24 AKST

I'm sending this to both the AKLUG and NUGA lists, so I apologize for the
duplication for those people who are on both.

I'm in the final stages of migrating off of a Quantum (used to be ADIC)
Scalar i2000 LTO-2 tape library. I posted a message about this library a
couple of years ago, and I think I got about three or four replies from
people who had some interest. Unfortunately I couldn't get any traction
at all with management on getting a replacement at that time. Thankfully
they bought me a shiny new LTO-4 library and I'm about 99% complete
migrating data off the old library.

Here's the basic specs:

Three 7' high cabinets bolted together
12 LTO-2 drives, all are functional
3 fibre connections required to run all 12 drives
48 I/O slots (2 I/O doors w/24 slots each)
900 slots enabled (1100+ total)
Needs 2 30 amp, 220 volt circuits (L6-30 twistlock connectors)

Check out the Quantum web site for full specs.

Feel free to email me off-list regarding any questions. We're looking to
unload this one quickly, so I think they only want about $5,000 for it.
Keep in mind this beast cost probably in the ballpark of $150,000 to
$200,000 when brand new around 2005. If you want it, you'll have to come
pick it up too. :-)

Mike