[aklug] Re: Security issue

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 15 2011 - 19:19:02 AKST

Interesting what you can learn when one puts their foot in their mouth
and then actually reads the backups to the replies.

I typically use the 52 character set, 8 characters long when choosing a
password. Assuming the security is properly implemented, 15 hrs w/ a
Class F (supercomputer) attack.

I seriously doubt anything I get into will be worth 15 hrs of
supercomputer time to anybody to figure out :-)

I have often said NOTHING is truly secure. All we can do is make it more
difficult to get into than what it's worth. Applies to the padlock on
your toolbox as much as your computer.

Jim G