[aklug] Re: Suggestions for POP3 and/or SMTP proxy

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2011 - 21:05:41 AKST

On Tuesday 11 January 2011, Damien Hull elucidated thus:
> You can configure an SMTP server to forward mail to your "real" mail
> server. It would do all the spam filtering and just forward good
> email. I've been away from email for too long. Can't help with
> details.

This is true, but that would require configuring all the clients on the
network to use that server. I suppose I could just redirect all SMTP
connections to a local SMTP server. Thanks for the idea.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A