[aklug] Re: Upgrading DDR2 RAM

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2011 - 20:28:52 AKST

On 01/11/11 10:33, Jim Gribbin wrote:
> OK. I give up. What does "totally tote it" mean in old farts English?
>
> Jim G
>

> On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 08:57 -0900, Shane R. Spencer wrote:
>> totally tote it

According to freedictionary.com, the word "tote" is an informal noun
refering to a pari-mutuel machine -- a computer that registers bets and
divides the total amount bet among those who won the bet, popularized
back in the early 20th century. Obviously Spencer was making a
metaphorical reference to his confidence is his own work, i.e., even to
the point of betting his wages on it. Any sophisticated person would
have caught that, but perhaps Spencer's parlance /is/ a bit too
aristocratic for good taste.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us