[aklug] And in the logs...

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2011 - 22:16:57 AKST

So, ever since I set up my own little public server, and set it out by
its lonely self on the vast Internet, it has been fascinating to read
through the logs each day and see all the attacks, mostly from
mysterious Chinese urls. The two most popular attacks:

1. The attacker attempts to log in with every imaginable ssh username,
often trying two or three hundred different names in a row.

2. The attacker attempts to use the e-mail server as an open-relay,
trying multiple times using different From addresses.

You pros out there: any interesting stuff pop up your logs lately?

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us