[aklug] Re: Xen / KVM ?

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 10 2010 - 00:50:07 AKST

I thought all this talk about virtualizing boxes, etc was kind of interesting. I decided to see what Fedora had available as it dawned on me that I hadn't noticed much in the way of kvm stuff available from the fedora repos lately..

I did not realize before that kvm is a fork of qemu. It sounds like they are being merged back to one and Qemu will be the survivor.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_and_QEMU_merge

I had never tried either of these myself. Just VirtualBox and VMWare. I did try UML once, but was unable to get a handle on it.

--
Jim Gribbin
Linux user #179129