[aklug] Re: UML OpenVZ vserver LXC oh my.

From: Lee <lee@afabco.org>
Date: Thu Dec 09 2010 - 12:38:22 AKST

Glad I saw this. UML has always been interesting to me, but I've never had the need or
time to really look into it. But I do wonder why UML is not more prominent than it is?
 Seems like a slam dunk. It's fully userspace, cheap on resources, all that. And with
todays hardware I can't believe that, for midrange purposes and less, the userspace
performance impact would be that significant.

On the other hand, seems that LXC is taking over this use space (pun intended).

On the third hand, UML in a private cloud anyone?