[aklug] Re: FriLinux

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 27 2010 - 22:28:23 AKST

No, actually I meant the USB interface coupled with the CPU's overhead
in attempting to transcode.

My laptop only has USB 1.1. I do have a cardbus adapter for USB 2, but
that does not appear to work as well as a USB 2 interface on the
motherboard of other computers. My Blue video/mic is supposedly capable
of HD. I suspect it's output buffer spends a lot of time in an overflow
condition because my laptop is not capable of retrieving the data
quickly enough.

Jim G