[aklug] postfix, um... not quite done

From: Christopher Howard <cmhoward@frigidcode.com>
Date: Mon Nov 22 2010 - 21:34:39 AKST

Okay, I got postfix working so I can receive mail. I got courier-imap working so I could receive IMAP over a secure connection. Now, I need to get secure, remote SMTP working. I can use Thunderbird or evolution to send mail with SMTP, but only if it is an insecure port 25 connection (with password sent over clear text). If I try to go SSL/TLS on 465, it won't authenticate. (Port 465 is open in iptables.)

What is the bare minimum I need to add to my postfix main.conf so that I can get a secure SMTP connection?

--
Christopher Howard
frigidcode.com