[aklug] Re: Phoronix recently published an article regarding a ~200 lines Linux Kernel patch

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Fri Nov 19 2010 - 17:28:32 AKST

On 11/19/2010 02:02 PM, Jim Gribbin wrote:
> And it seems to get more heated later in the discussion.
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/11/16/392
>
> And there seems to be no clear winner. At least, not one I feel qualified to call.
>
> I think I.m going to go ahead and play around with it a little.

It still leaves the question of what happens if you apply the kernel
patch after applying Pottering's hack. Do you have to roll it back
first? What happens if one doesn't?

It's such a small and simple fix I wouldn't be surprised if we see it
backported the next time <YOUR FAVORITE DISTO HERE> releases a kernel.
But I'd hate to install the hack only to bork my system the next time I
apply a kernel patch...

...Kevin

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb