[aklug] Re: Bad Packet

From: Bruce Hill <bruce@slackwarebox.com>
Date: Wed Nov 03 2010 - 13:39:51 AKDT

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 01:31:04PM -0800, Damien Hull wrote:
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 3, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Christopher Howard <cmhoward@frigidcode.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 10:47:06AM -0800, Damien Hull wrote:
> >> Is there a malformed or "bad packet" that can take down Apache?
> >> I just added very basic iptables rules to my webserver. If there is a bad
> >> packet I would like iptables to block it. If it's possible.
> >>

> > This stream will hang any Apache instance:
> >
> > 436875636B204E6F72726973
> >
> > --
> > Christopher Howard
> > frigidcode.com
> > theologia.indicium.us
>
> Okay... How does one send it that string? I want to see this in action.

Don't know why but I got this reply from Damien to the list, but not
Christopher's reply to Damien to the list. Did Christopher not send to the
list but only to Damien?

Bruce

--
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the