[aklug] Re: (ana)cron & Linux Counter update script

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 28 2010 - 20:17:26 AKDT

Admittedly, I haven't found much about dcron, but I'm not finding that it will do jobs missed while the system was down.

It does claim to have integrated some anacron features, but what I'm looking for doesn't seem to be one of then. The man pages say it does have an @daily feature, but also says if the clock is jumped forward it will skip the job for the day.

In any case, the only ones that seem to be using it to any extent are the Arch Linux and Linux From Scratch crowds. There don't seem to be any RPM packages available for it and I prefer to avoid circumventing my package management, if possible. At least for system software.

Thanks, but I believe I'll pass on dcron.

Jim G