[aklug] Re: GCI, ond others, bandwith restrictions

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 09:31:56 AKDT

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Arthur Corliss
<acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org> wrote:
> If you ran into problems with MS updates I'd like to know what it was.
> Given the problems with MS to begin with, I think the last thing we want =
> do to the world is make it harder for them to plug all those holes. =A0;-=
)

I'll get back with the list on this.

> Yeah, 3.x had some major changes which were nice, but, then they also
> stopped doing some basic sanity checks that were hard coded in 2.x. =A0Ra=
> into a real nasty looping issue that required explicit ACLs to handle
> requests which basically DoS'd the cluster.

Can you give me more details on this? I am switching to 3.x, but if
it's not ready...

> I'll have to look into that. =A0We've written our own redirectors, but
> anything that increases cache coherency is a good thing.

Not sure how the Flash redir will work with a cluster. Shared storage
might work. Then again, you could run it separately on each host and
use rsync to keep a 'shared' cache.

jermudgeon