[aklug] Re: moving mail in mutt?

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 11:38:36 AKDT

* Christopher Howard <cmhoward@frigidcode.com> [101019 11:09]:
> What is the command in Mutt to move mail from one folder to another? I created a new mailbox directory (outside of
> mutt) and I can change to it with the 'c' comand (inside of mutt) but how to do move mail to the new folder?
  and at the prompt answer
  =mailboxname
  I.E. put an '=' before the name of the mailbox.
> BTW, my next question is going to be "how do I automatically filter mail into the new folder as soon as it comes in?"
> (E.g., move all my aklug mail automatically into the new folder"
  I use procmail
  1).forward file
    |IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #username"
        NOTE: check path to procmail
           which procmail
  2)My .procmailrc
  # Set to yes when debugging
  # See man 5 procmailrc
  VERBOSE=no
  # Remove ## when debugging; set to no if you want minimal logging
  ## LOGABSTRACT=all
  MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
  # Directory for storing procmail-related files
  PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
  DEFAULT_MAILBOX=$MAILDIR/inbox/
  # Put ## before LOGFILE if you want no logging (not recommended)
  LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
  INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/lists.rc
  INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/default.rc
  # End procmailrc
  #A sample recipe from my $PMDIR/lists.rc :
  :0:
  * ^(From|Cc|To):.*aklug@aklug.org
  /home/tim/Mail/aklug/
  # end recipe