[aklug] git and etc

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Mon Oct 18 2010 - 10:42:35 AKDT

I just setup git to manage /etc. I should have asked if this was a good idea
before installing it. Followed some instructions online. I would give a link
but part of the instructions are bad. Had to do some thinking on my part.
Anyway, here's what I've got.

   1. Ubuntu 10.04 server - Web Server
   2. git watching /etc
   3. apt configured to update git

I know there are other methods for managing /etc. However, I only have one
server and those other methods require one to learn a new config language. I
want something simple. I still need to learn how git works. At the moment I
haven't figured out how to go back a revision. I need to RTFM.

Questions:
Is this idea good or bad?
Is there a better tool for this?