[aklug] Re: Easier e-mail server?

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Sat Oct 02 2010 - 19:15:07 AKDT

The short answer is no. Email requires two services. Post fix is a
good smtp server. Then you need a way to get your email. That's gonna
be IMAP4.

There are some good postfix instructions out there. Some are on the
post fix website. It's been years since I've done anything with it and
I agree, it's not easy.

I tried using Zimbra. It has an awesome web interface. That doesn't
help you when the back end decides to die for no reason.

Stick with postfix and a good IMAP4 server. Don't forget TLS, SPAM
assassin, and ClamAV.

Sent from my iPhone