[aklug] Re: Kelsey Gray

From: Scott A. Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 19 2010 - 22:30:15 AKDT

Sad indeed. Sinbad, Microcom, IAI, and AOL were pretty much the only
commercial providers in Alaska back in the day. A true pioneer for
ISPs in Alaska.

Scott

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 07:11, Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net> wrote:
> Kelsey Gray of the former Sinbad passed away on Monday.
>
> http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/adn/obituary.aspx?n=3Dkelsey-gray&pid=3D=
145384836

> Royce
>

> Kelsey Scott Gray died Sept. 13, 2010 at Providence Alaska Medical Center=
 of a heart attack at the tender age of 60.

> He was born May 25, 1950, in South Korea and came to Alaska in 1959. He g=
raduated from both Oregon Institute of Technology and the University of Ala=
ska Anchorage. He served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War, proudly s=
erving his country.

> Kelsey was a very sociable, loving person who always had a smile, a joke =
and a helping hand. He was a computer IT person and set up his own computer=
 Internet server business, Sinbad, in the early days of the Internet. He wa=
s currently working for Grant Air, an Alaska small commuter airline, and lo=
ved his new job, getting to fly all over the state and be the entrepreneur.

> Kelsey loved to tinker with motors, inventing interesting ways of doing t=
hings, or working on his cabin by a roaring stream in Whittier. His 4th of =
July parties at the cabin were legendary. He loved to fish. There was alway=
s a project going on in his garage.

> Kelsey recently celebrated his 30th wedding anniversary with his beloved =
wife, Kimberley (Michaud) Gray. He takes the path ahead of his wife, Kimber=
ley; his two sons, Kris and Kelsey; and his daughter Kirstie; as well as ma=
ny, many family and friends.

> He was preceded in death by his parents, Benjamin and Truth (Trudy) Gray;=
 and his brother, Benjamin.

> His family said, "We believe he has not died but has passed to another pl=
ace where his adventures continue with all the intensity he had in this lif=
e. He was the greatest man many of us had ever known. He came from very lit=
tle but left with the world held firmly in his hands. We will sorely miss h=
im."

> A potluck celebration of life service is scheduled for 2 p.m. Sept. 25 at=
 the American Legion Post 28 on Brayton Drive. In lieu of flowers, please s=
end donations to the Kelsey Gray memorial fund at any Alaska USA Federal Cr=
edit Union. If unable to attend, celebrate life a little harder wherever yo=
u may be. He will forever live in us all.

> Published in adn.com from September 16 to September 17, 2010

--=20
Scott A. Johnson
scott.a.johnson@gmail.com
http://scojo.us