[aklug] Re: bash die

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Wed Sep 15 2010 - 16:27:53 AKDT

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Arthur Corliss wrote:

<snip>

I should have prefaced this with the note that I'm not saying make *should*
be used in lieu of bash, but in this case I think it's the best tool for the
job. Whenever you want to ensure that all processing stops on an error you
can either use it with that default internal logic, or write scripts with
said die() function and have to suffix every freaking line with it.

I'm lazy. If I'm fault-intolerant, I use make.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die