[aklug] Re: NetBSD on Cobalts

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 13:12:12 AKDT

I guess I'll have to look into that more as well. I just looked at mips
emulation on the NetBSD site and while qemu was also used for some
things, that crowd seemed to lean more towards gxemul for emulating a
Qube. At least, Qubes running NetBSD. I'll try almost anything once
though.

My intended goal at the moment though is to see if I can't get something
resembling useful work out of an old Qube, not to tinker w/ emulators.
That part is just a means to an end. I believe I've pretty well seen
that I'm not going to get the Qube there without at least a small
increase in available resources.

Maybe I'll look at tinkering more with emulators later.

Just out of curiosity, what's weird? Using gxemul as opposed to qemu? I
really don't follow emulators enough to appreciate the difference. I've
been using Virtualbox because it was convenient and was relatively easy
for what I was doing. They aren't something I normally use 'hard core'
like you guys that are IT administrators. I'm just a hobbyist/tinkerer.

Jim G