[aklug] Re: NetBSD on Cobalts

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 05 2010 - 15:31:13 AKDT

A side note in case anybody wants to try netBSD on Virtual Box.

It crashes if you try to run it in the usual way. I did all the setup
for the virtual machine in the usual way, but it kept crashing when I
tried to run it. As usual, Google is my friend.

I have to start it w/ :

[jimg@dartangnan ~]$ VBoxSDL --norawr0 --startvm NetBSD

The --norawr0 tells it there is no ring 3, at least according to the
documentation. --norawr3 would mean it has no ring 0. I know this sounds
backwards, but that's what the documentation I found says.

Maybe someone on the list knows how to put this in so that it can be
started in the usual way Vbox is set up for.

--
Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>