[aklug] Re: On the subject of certifications...

From: adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 09:25:42 AKDT

Damien Hull wrote:
> I always thought you had to take it at the red hat test center. Or
> what ever they call it. Learned something today.
>
> I would agree that this cert is the better of the two. Only because
> people know red hat. LPI? What's that?
>
> Just an observation. I still think the LPI is worth something.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 10, 2010, at 9:21 PM, adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org> wrote:

You don't have to take it at *the* Red Hat testing center, just at a
place that has a partnership or something with Red Hat, where Red Hat
can dictate the testing environment, among other things. I had a class
in San Diego, CA, and another in Phoenix, AZ. I'd bet you dollars to
doughnuts there's a testing center in Washington or Oregon (Or canada,
for that matter).

The RHCE test isn't hard if you know your stuff. Plus, you're on a
regular Red Hat box, so there's always a 'man' around to help you...

--
Adam