[aklug] Anybody got a powermac G5 (Anchorage) I can borrow for a few hours?

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Wed Aug 04 2010 - 09:29:46 AKDT

I need to fix an Xserve G5 (sata) that isn't responding to boot key
sequences at all.. no method to reload operating system. I need to
reload the OS and then use that fresh and happy install to attempt to
fix the firmware. The end result will be being able to boot Debian on
this beast.

I've attempted to use PearPC/Qemu and other emulators to load the OS
onto the system, however they are not up to the task right yet. I've
also completely wiped the drive in order to force a cd boot which
didn't work... sigh..

- Shane