[aklug] Re: pgp key backup (was: Re: Re: Google Evil? Was: Re: I'm an Android)

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 21:24:44 AKDT

I use paperkey (apt-get install paperkey).. it seems to work fine.
Alternatively I just email an encrypted version of it to myself
because I'M INSANE..MWA HA HA..

Also alternatively.. just pgp encode it with another key and make
google very proud to cache it.. it will be around FOREVER just like
shameful online conversations you had at one point that sooomebody
just had to put on the Internet.

Heck.. just slowly add it one char at a time to a logged IRC channel..
nobody will know what's going on!

But seriously folks.. I've got some pretty important keys that are
locked up .. probably need to move them to a safe deposit box.

- Shane